Friday 2 March 2012

October-December 2011: End of 2011 Recap

Not much happened in October. Again, no luck on the job front. So I started to study for my driving theory test. I had a few cd-roms from my mother in law, and lots of practice online especially with the hazard perception test.
In October, our nephew Charlie was christened and Sam and I were asked to be Godparents! Of course we accepted, we love our little nephew and it's a great honor to have! It was just really nice of his sister to ask us.
Then weeks later it was my birthday. And must I note, that this was the first birthday I have ever spent with Sam, and my first bday as a married woman! I had a great day because Sam took off and took me shopping! He normally doesn't even like shopping but he made my birthday a special day! Then a following weekend later my friends and I went clubbing and we had a blast.

Next up it was Halloween! It was my first Halloween abroad and I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I was mad because we don't have our own place so I wasn't able to decorate. And I was mad because there were only a few trick-or-treaters. Yeah, they don't really celebrate it here it's more of an American tradition, but it makes me sad to think when I have kids they'll miss out on one of my favorite holidays ever. BOO!

In November, I finally got to spend Sam's birthday with him! I made sure he had an excellent day because he made my birthday wonderful. After that it was Thanksgiving and also on that day was our niece's 1st birthday! We went around to celebrate her birthday, and I was so happy to be there because I wasn't here last year when she was born and now that I'm here it's great to watch her grow. She is my only niece so far and I love her to bits! When we got home Sam made a delicious Thanksgiving dinner for the family and it was my first Thanksgiving abroad and a spectacular one indeed. I watched the parade on live streaming in the morning and best of all I got to skype with my family that night so that made my day as well!

December rolled around and it was a good month to say the least. I still was a bit upset after applying for nearly 15 jobs it seems and no luck. But how can one be upset, tis the season to be jolly after all right? Right! I took my theory test a week before Christmas and I passed! I did extremely well actually pretty much a perfect score!
My 1st Xmas in the UK was lovely. I think I was spoiled a bit too much, especially from my family back home, I greatly appreciated it all.
Christmas Eve, Sam and I made a yummy gingerbread house which was a hit, and on Christmas morning Sam made the dinner and it was a 10 out of 10!
Christmas night was just spent laughing, drinking, and enjoying everyone's company.
New Year's Eve was spent around town drinking with good friends.
New Year's Day was filled with hope that the New Year would be a good one, if not better!

Day we became Godparents!

Cat, Me, and Tasha on the night we went clubbing!


Our gingerbread house! Made by Sam, decorated by me!

Xmas Tree

New Year's Eve
Forgot to add this before, this is the Thanksgiving meal made by Sam courtesy of Gordon Ramsay.









No comments:

Post a Comment